Questions from the Outside

    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 6, 2008
      Folks,

      When postings have the following verbiage ---- this is from the ASK US page, so please send me a CC --- they are outsiders and you need to include their e-mail address in the  header of your reply or they won't receive it.

      Bill Miller
      Bethesda, Maryland
      www.theazaleaworks.com
    • George Klump
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 7, 2008

        Not a problem, Bill, except that many of those who write in do not provide their e-mail.  We must assume that, since they found the website initially, they will be able to find the reply.

        George Klump
        Southern California Chapter

        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 7, 2008
          George,

          I may be wrong, but I don't believe they have access to the answers unless they are a member of the maillist --- which is why Bob Stelloh has them include that line.  The outsider's e-mail address can always be found in the header of their question.

          Perhaps Bob could clarify?

          Bill

          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 7, 2008
            Email sent to the <azaleas@yahoogroups.com> address by a member of
            the group only goes to the other members of the group.

            Email sent to the <azaleas@yahoogroups.com> address by a non-member
            goes only to the moderators of the group, and may be sent by them to
            the other members of the group, or may be rejected.

            Anyone may look at the archived emails at the
            <azaleas@yahoogroups.com> home page at

            Thus, as said previously, if you don't send a CC to a non-member, the
            only way they will be able to see your reply answering their question
            is to go to the group home page. They may not remember to do that, so
            the best way to get the answer to them is to send them a CC of your
            reply.

            This is explained (somewhat) on the Azalea Society "Ask Us" page at
            <http://www.azaleas.org/askus.html>

            Regards,
            Bob Stelloh

            At 3:23 PM -0500 on 1/7/08, William C. Miller III wrote

            George Klump wrote:

            Not a problem, Bill, except that many of those who write in do not
            provide their e-mail. We must assume that, since they found the
            website initially, they will be able to find the reply.

            George Klump
            Southern California Chapter

            Folks,

            When postings have the following verbiage ---- this is from the ASK
            US page, so please send me a CC --- they are outsiders and you need
            to include their e-mail address in the header of your reply or they
            won't receive it.

            Bill Miller
            Bethesda, Maryland
            <http://www.theazaleaworks.com>www.theazaleaworks.com
          • S. M. Henning
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 8, 2008
              Hi George,

              I use the Digest Mode for the group and on Yahoo!, under "Edit
              Membership", I selected the "Daily Digest" and "Fully Featured" and I
              not only get the senders email address, but I get a button that
              allows me to reply to them directly. What settings are you using?

              Here is what your post looked like with my settings.

              --
              Cheers, Steve Henning in Reading, PA USA Zone 6

              http://rhodyman.net/rasite.html

              http://rhodyman.net/rabooks.html