Re: FW: [AZ] Rh. colemanii

    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 12, 2007

      Thanks, I understand.  In the mean time, if I hear back from any of the inquiries that I made, I'll share them with the group.

      Yeatts, Steve wrote:

      All of these questions will be answered in an ARS article to be published in the future. The “Red Hills Azalea” has been known thru the years as the “May Pink”. Since most of the plants are, in fact, white, we decided to change the name to the geographic area where they are found. The azalea had been most often labeled as R.alabamense thru the years. However, R.colemanii turns out to be a tetraploid, while R.alabamense is a diploid. R.colemanii blooms 3 to 4 weeks later than R.alabamense found in the same areas.

      Steve Yeatts

      Athens, GA