Re: [AZ] RE: Hanging azalea

    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 30, 2007
      IF your hanging basket azalea is a recently acquired
      greenhouse grown florist' azalea is it probably not
      winter hardy unless you are in hardiness zones 8, 9 or
      10. It is really too late in the season to prune
      outdoor growing azaleas since their new growth will be
      killed by frost, if you are in an area with winter
      frosts. If you have a good sunroom the azalea could
      survive the winter indoors, but it is not the best of
      house plants, since it requires good sunlight. Where
      do you live and what labels were on the azalea?
      Mike Creel, Lexington, SC