RE: [AZ] New Red Max

  • Yeatts, Steve
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 29, 2004
      Has anyone grown the red R.maximum from cuttings? If so, is it available for sale in the trade?

      Steve Yeatts
      Athens, GA
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 29, 2004
                Steve:

                I have cutting

                Earl

        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 29, 2004
          Earl,
          Cuttings or seed grown? You gave me two seedlings a couple of years ago that are doing great, but from what I've heard there's not much chance they will turn out red. If you have some cutting grown plants I sure would love to have one.

          Thanks,

          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 30, 2004
            If at all possible I would also like to find out where I might acquire R. Maximum?
            Carlton

            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 30, 2004
              Carlton LeMond wrote:

              > If at all possible I would also like to find out where I might acquire
              > R. Maximum?
              > Carlton

              Carlton,
              As Co-chair of the 2006 Convention, a joint meeting of the Azalea
              Society of America and the American Rhododendron Society, I have started
              a big batch of seedlings from the Curtis Creek Red Max and also
              seedlings from a "red" R. vasey that we intend to give away as banquet
              favors. The convention will be held in Rockville, MD, (suburbs of
              Washington, DC) from Friday, May 12th through Monday, May 15th, 2006.
              If all goes well, every attendee will get a plant of each one. Mark your
              calendar! :-)

              Don Hyatt
              McLean, VA
              Don@...