question of type of azalea

  • Mary Vann
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1 4:23 AM
      I have an azalea i purchased some 9 years ago that seems to just barely hang on in my garden.  its placed by two others that were purchased at the same time and place.
      they are different varieties completely.
      the two reds are typical for st louis missouri. dark green leaf medium sized and red flowers coming out about now (its warm here this year).
      the other is of course my favorite.  as i remember, when i bought it the name was coral bells and it has a medium green very small leaf.  the color of the leaf is light pink or pinkish orange.  i am curious if you know what it is.  it will be in bloom in about 4 days and i can get a photo then if that helps. i'd like to know whee you can purchase others.  i have it on the north side of the house and i think its possible that it would do better on the south side being protected by the house itself from harsh winter cold/wind.  i believe they concider us zone 5 or possibly 6 in some catalogs.
      also i have a rododendron that i believe is called dancer?  its orange, lanky and tall.  not many leaves (more branch) and those leaves clump together more of less.

      my email is maryvann@...
      i would appreciate any insite you all have.  i love the plants but in st louis you only seem get the typical red, white, or purple in te larger leaf varieties.
      i would like more of the pinkish or orangey colored one if possible.  where to purchase them would be good to know.