Schlippenbachii

  • hankus1us
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 30, 2006
      Hello E. White---Here in NJ we need filtered shade for R. schlip. to
      perform well--if not, the edges of the leaves burn in the summer sun--
      does not harm the plant--just makes it unsightly---Hank Schannen
    • sjperk5
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 31, 2006
        Hank

        R. schlippenbachii has been an azalea that is often grown well in New
        England that Sally and I have not been able to make happy. If we give
        it sun the foilage suffers and if we move it to more shade we get very
        few blooms.

        John Perkins