Re: [AZ] Transplanting azalea seedlings

  • Ted Stecki
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 6, 2006
      Mike....I have transplanted alot of seedlings both rhododendrons and azaleasand have found that they do best when transplanted after the true leaves form. Also to move them along faster,I put them under flouresant lights.The light should be approx. 12" above the seedlings. I also spray them with  a 1/2 strength solution of liquid fertilizer every 2-3 weeks.  I use a dual tube work bench light from Home Depot etc that cost's under $10. If you want the seeds to grow faster so you can see the results of your cross.....this is the way to do it. Good Luck.......
      Ted Stecki
      90 Kresson-Gibbsboro Rd
      Voorhees, NJ 08043