RE: [AZ] Forms of Rh. arborescens, "Running Arborescens" variety

  • Sally/John Perkins
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 8 1:35 PM
      Mike

      George Newman has been anywhere in North American that has lime stone and
      has grown planted collected from seed from all over. My guess he grew it
      from seed but the next time I see him I will ask. George is a great grower
      of unusual North American natives. His garden is among the most interesting
      in NH. He has the largest number of R. canadense I have ever seen in a
      personal garden. He also has a large number of R. vaseyi. His collection of
      health family members is extensive including almost all the ones that grow
      on top of Mt Washington.

      John Perkins
      Salem, NH

      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 8 3:57 PM
        He may have encountered Rh. eastmanii if he visited
        any limestone influenced sites in the southeast. Does
        he do email, phone or snail mail? I would love to
        correspond with him. Does he grow any selected forms
        of canadense? There is a new pink form in Nova Scotia
        I heard about. I am in the early stages of getting
        canadense adjusted to my soil and climate.

        http://mail.yahoo.com