Growing azaleas in Texas heat

  • bwoitalla@cox.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 2, 2006
      this is from the ASK US page, so please send me a CC
      Hi! I'm a complete novice when it comes to azaleas, so I'd like advice on choosing a species for my situation. I'm in Abilene, TX (zone 7) which is quite hot and arid. The area I would plant them in is very shady under a large pecan tree and an oak. Not sure about the soil pH/composition, but the area does drain well. Thanks!