Fwd: Looking for an azalea

    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 8 8:10 AM
      [ please send a CC of any reply to tswa2 at comcast.net ]

      Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2006 03:45:36 +0000
      From: tswa2@...
      Subject: Looking for an azalea
      To: webmaster@...

      Hi---
      I am trying to locate and azalea or rodedondron that has green leaves
      in spring and summer but then turns to a wine color in the fall. It
      has like purple flowers in the spring. I had tow in statregic
      locations in my garden and one died.
      Help!
      Tina S. Walther
    • Tadeusz Dauksza
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 8 9:18 AM

        Tina;

        Not knowing where or what region of USA you reside , or whether this azalea is deciduous, or persistant leaved it's going to be a stab in dark; so here is my pick;

         Rhododendron 'PJM'

        Tadeusz- Lake Michigan Chapter of Azalea Society of America.

        Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2006 03:45:36 +0000
        From: tswa2@comcast. net
        To: webmaster@azaleas. org

        Content-Transfer- Encoding: 7bit
        X-Mime-Autoconverte d: from 8bit to 7bit by courier 0.47

        Hi---
        I am trying to locate and azalea or rodedondron that has green leaves
        in spring and summer but then turns to a wine color in the fall. It
        has like purple flowers in the spring. I had tow in statregic
        locations in my garden and one died.
        Help!
        Tina S. Walther

        http://mail.yahoo.com

      • Stewart Galloway
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 8 7:39 PM

          Try looking up Olga Mezitt.  A small leaved rhodo (lepidote) w/ very early pink/purple flowers and wine colored foliage in the fall/winter.  A beautiful plant.

          Stewart Galloway