Re: [AZ] viscosum hybrids

  • Ken Cox
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 6, 2005
      The deciduous azalea from Millais Nursery, due to its orange blotch seems to
      have calendulaceum genes and
      > perhaps arborescens, if it is fragrant. It it is labelled as a vicosum I
      > would suspect it is from The
      > Netherlands where a number of orange-red viscosum hybrids, like Diorama
      > and Karat, have been produced.

      No it is nothing to do with this goup which flower much earlier. I think its
      red style points to some R. arborescens blood. I think the 3 way
      calendulaceum-viscosum-arborescens suggestion is pretty near the mark.

      We have Sparkler, Lemon Drop, Milleneum, Pensylvannia, Pink and Sweet and
      various other late Weston hybrids. These are better than any of them in our
      climate.

      Ken Cox