Re: [AZ] Do you know 'Blue Moon'

  • T. Huisman
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 1, 2005
      Message
      Ken wrote;"
      I got this same azalea a few years ago under this name. It may well be the wrong plant, but that is the name it was under in Europe. I dont think it is a Satsuki. It looks more like an Indica.
      Dan Krabill wrote:"Attached is a photo of my Nuccio's Blue Moon.  It has shown almost no variability as to color, so I think it is unlikely to be your plant.".

      Hi, Ken and Dan,

      May be Ken has had 'my' 'Blue Moon' which died in his nursery. I wonder why - may be because it needs a more warm summer season than you have in Scotland (?) I have it here and it does well also with cold temps, as far as we had them till -15 (5F).
      And Dan, it is not the plant of your picture, as I can see. So, Ken it is not what you suggested before? If you had this 'Nuccio's Blue Moon' then it should have shown  these color variations. So, in spite of the help of you both, I still am not confident what kind of variety it is. It flowers late, so it could be a cross with some Satsuki.  I had another Nuccio hybrid 'Nuccio's Masterpiece' but it was not hardy and failed to bloom.
      Anywhay, it is a fantastic plant and bloomer for me. Does anyone have a clue? Or want cuttings?

      Tijs

    • Gerhard Stickroth
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 1, 2005
        T-Online eMail
        Hi Tjis,

        If I can have some cuttings, I will appreciate it. I am surprised, because some time ago you wrote me that you can no longer trade cuttings, since you have a contract with a firm??

        Gerhard

          "T. Huisman" <rhododendron@...> schrieb:
[...]

        When you reply to this email, PLEASE quote its relevant part(s) only, as context, and DELETE the rest - especially this line and the Yahoo lines.  Also PLEASE tell us where you garden (city, state or at least your USDA zone).

        We welcome images RESIZED to be under 100KB in size - 640 x 480 pixel .jpg images at 50% or 1:40 compression are ideal.

        YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS