Re: [AZ] Humblie newbie seeks your help... what azaleas , do you think?

    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 30, 2005
      Alison, if I were you I would simply find out what
      florist is supplying the azaleas and have them check
      in their retail catalog (or the wholesale catalog of
      their supplier) for the exact variety names. It will
      be some variety of greenhouse or florist azalea.
      While there are a great number of varieties among
      evergreen azaleas grown outdoors, there is a much
      smaller sub-list of the azaleas that are grown just
      for year-round supply in the florist trade.
      I hope that this helps. It will require a little
      "detective" work.
      Cordially
      Mike Creel
      Zone 8a, SC

      http://www.geocities.com/theflowerbasketca/plantT118-
      > 6.jpg as an example. i notice that these potted
      > azaleas dont have
      > sticky-outty stamens.
      >
      > I have a few Azalea books, including Fred C. Galle's
      > BIG book.
      >
      > My official reason is to find the correct one (or
      > closest match) is
      > to use as part of their wedding website that i am
      > designing.
      >
      > My secret reason is to take their downstairs mirror
      > and decorate the
      > bottom edge with painted azaleas as a birthday
      > present. (and do this
      > BEFORE i leave to visit/find employement on the
      > 21st.) Appreciate
      > your thoughts.
      >
      > Raph

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • alison59
      Message 2 of 2 , May 2 6:41 AM
        --- In azaleas@yahoogroups.com, Mike Creel <mikeacreel@y...> wrote:
        > Alison, if I were you I would simply find out what florist

        Oh sure, that was on list as well, but since it was the weekend, I
        thought I would seek the help of those who may know.