RE: [AZ] Color variation

  • Joe Schild
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 30, 2005
      Larry,
      Wow, your question has a lot of possibilities.
      1. The type of cameral used.
          a. Digital
          b. Film
      2. Viewing from your computer monitor the colors may not render exactly depending upon how your system is set up, or how the pics were set up on the Web sites.
      3. Light conditions
      4. Background of the subject of the pic.

      An example of how a background and light play tricks with photographs and how the color is rendered. My recent post with a group of 8 pics on 04/29/05, pics named Schild Hybrid0010 and Schild Hybrid0011, are of the same plant, just a different background and light. They look like totally different blooms from different plants yet both photos were taken with my Nikon 4300 Cool Pix within second of each other, and no flash. In real life, the Schild Hybrid 0011 looks more like the real thing to the eyes.

      The only way to make sure the flower colors are matched is to use the RHC Chart number for accurate comparison under outside light.

      Joe Schild-Hixson, TN USDA Zone 7a
      Ask a friend to join the Azalea Society of America!