Azalea 'Hinomayo'

  • Harold Greer
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 16, 2013

      Does anyone know of a source of ‘Hinomayo’ in the U.S.?  I have not had it for years.

      Thanks,

      Harold Greer

    • John Migas
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 17, 2013
        Harold,

        I have inherited 'Hinomayo' when I bought Charlie Mann's home, the plants are at least 50 years old, and are thriving.
        For a Kurume, it's extremely hardy here in Michigan and I've been taking cuttings on it for years.

        I'll get some over to you in the spring.
        John Migas(Michigan)

        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 19, 2013

          Thanks John, I will look forward to buying some in the spring.

          I hope you are having a good autumn.  It has been unusual here with more rain than we normally get in our wettest months of December and January.  Though the weather is more back to normal now.  Still no frost.

          Again thanks,

          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 1, 2014

            John,

            I could not seem to find your personal email so I am sending this through the group, sorry I would rather send it directly to you.

            Do you still have any of those ‘Hinomayo’ we talked about before that I could buy from you.

            Thank you,

            Harold Greer