Why does my azalea bloom only in the fall?

  • Rhonda Barfield
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 2, 2013
      Friends,

      I live in zone 6 and have an azalea planted in a large pot standing on
      a sunny patio. During warm weather I water it daily or every other
      day. The leaves seem healthy.

      Three years ago it failed to bloom in the spring, and from then on, it
      has bloomed only from September through late November. Each autumn, I
      take it into our garage before frost sets in, and it continues to
      bloom there even without any watering and only minimal sunlight.

      Is there a way to reverse the cycle and get the azalea to bloom in the
      spring again?

      Thanks,

      ~Rhonda Barfield