Re:

    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 25, 2013
      [ please send a CC of any reply to Paula <paulakane9@...> ]
      On Sep 25, 2013, at 11:58 AM, Paula <paulakane9@...> wrote:

      > We transplanted several azaleaslast year they fir brest this year dome have lost all their leaves and our sticks some have a grey clumpy fungus on them we have had a lot of rain this summer and we put Ervin on them lady week any ideas?
      > paulakane9@...
      >
      > Sent from my Kindle Fire

    • Tom Schuetz
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 25, 2013
        Paula, with all due respect, I cannot fathom what you have written.

        Tom Schuetz
        USDA Zone 7A (as of 2012)

        We transplanted several azaleaslast year they fir brest this year dome have lost all their leaves and our sticks some have a grey clumpy fungus on them we have had a lot of rain this summer and we put Ervin on them lady week any ideas?
        > paulakane9@...
        >
        > Sent from my Kindle
        Fire

      • Hale Booth
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 25, 2013

          Tom,

          I understand your confusion. I noticed this was written on a Kindle Fire. I have one of those and it likes to assume the word I am typing and so it throws up a word or actually changes your word to another word. If you don’t proof carefully it will hang you out there saying something you didn’t write. Frustrating software. I’ll bet this is what happened in Paula’s post and she didn’t notice what the kindle software had done before she sent it.

          Maybe she will repost and you can understand the question and help her.

          Hale Booth

          Signal Mountain, TN

          Paula, with all due respect, I cannot fathom what you have written.

          Tom Schuetz

          schuetz101@...

          USDA Zone 7A (as of 2012)

          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 25, 2013
            Paula:  It is possible that you have deciduous azaleas which have already lost their leaves preparing for winter, OR that you have evergreen azaleas that have lost leaves due to too much water (saturated root zone).  The clumpy fungus you mention is probably the common "Azalea apples," actually an exobasidum fungus that occurs more often with over watering.

            If the azaleas are evergreen you need to dig near them to check soil moisture and pour a bucket of water into the hole to check the percolation rate of the soil.  If percolation of water is slow you will need to dig the azaleas up and replant them higher, elevated.

            If the azaleas are deciduous and bloomed with heavy trusses, then leaf loss this time of year is normal.

            Paula, with all due respect, I cannot fathom what you have written.

            Tom Schuetz
            USDA Zone 7A (as of 2012)

            > We transplanted several azaleaslast year they fir brest this year dome have lost all their leaves and our sticks some have a grey clumpy fungus on them we have had a lot of rain this summer and we put Ervin on them lady week any ideas?
            > paulakane9@...
            >
            > Sent from my Kindle Fire

          • Bob Kelly
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 10, 2013