Fwd: Azalea emergency in Alexandria Virginia -- Question from Garden designer

    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 6, 2013
      [ please send a CC of any reply to Elizabeth Norman <eliztnorman@...> ]

      Begin forwarded message:

      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 6, 2013
        If this problem has happened recently to 30 year old azaleas, then it is highly likely that some recent event has caused it.  The plants may have been over-fertilized or underwatered, or both.  Compare the soil and the soil moisture between the dying azaleas and the nearby healthy azaleas.  Also, since other plants in the area are similarly effected, they all probably suffer from the same event.  I would check with the arboreal company about what they did and other locations where they did the same thing, to compare for other damage.  Just because people drive in a truck with signs on it or wear the uniforms of arborists, they can have very limited knowledge of gardening, just doing what the boss man says.