is it dead?

  • Tracey
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 27, 2013
      this is from th ASK US page, please cc me

      I live in Caledon, Ontario, i planted an azalea early last summer under my Tamarac, in a raised garden within the yard my yard are spruces and pines, I also planted a rhododendrum. the rhododendrum is growing nicely, but my azalea maybe a 1 inch section of new leaves??? near the top
      As I am new to gardening I am wonering if i was suppose to cut it all down before the winter or if it is not planted in a good location or if it is just dead and buying a new one to plant in the same location is a good idea.

      please help, i do truly love all the pictures i have seen of the wonderful bushes
      thank you so much for your time
      Tracey
      misstracey@...

      Sent from my iPad
    • Tadeusz Dauksza
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 28, 2013
        Tracey ---  which one of those  azaleas below  you have the trbl with ??
        Rhododendron "Elsie Lee"* - Elsie Lee Azalea
        Rhododendron "Fireball" - Fireball Azalea
        Rhododendron "Girard's Crimson Tide"* - Girard's Crimson Tide Azalea
        Rhododendron "Girard's Hot Shot"* - Girard's Hot Shot Azalea
        Rhododendron "Girard's Rose" - Girard's Rose Azalea
        Rhododendron "Golden Lights" - Golden Lights Azalea
        Rhododendron "Homebush"* - Homebush Azalea
        Rhododendron "Lemon Lights" - Lemon Lights Azalea
        Rhododendron "Lollipop" - Lollipop Azalea
        Rhododendron "Mandarin Lights" - Mandarin Lights Azalea
        Rhododendron "Mother's Day" - Mother's Day Azalea
        Rhododendron "Northern Hi-Lights"* - Northern Hi-Lights Azalea
        Rhododendron "Northern Lights" - Northern Lights Azalea
        Rhododendron "Orchid Lights" - Orchid Lights Azalea
        Rhododendron "Pink And Sweet"* - Pink And Sweet Azalea
        Rhododendron "Rosy Lights"* - Rosy Lights Azalea
        Rhododendron "Spicy Lights"* - Spicy Lights Azalea
        Rhododendron "Weston's Lemon Drop" - Weston's Lemon Drop Azalea
        Rhododendron "White Lights" - White Lights Azalea

         Tadeusz-  Northern Illinois
        this is from th ASK US page, please cc me

        I live in Caledon, Ontario, i planted an azalea early last summer under my Tamarac, in a raised garden within the yard my yard are spruces and pines, I also planted a rhododendrum. the rhododendrum is growing nicely, but my azalea maybe a 1 inch section of new leaves??? near the top
        As I am new to gardening I am wonering if i was suppose to cut it all down before the winter or if it is not planted in a good location or if it is just dead and buying a new one to plant in the same location is a good idea.

        please help, i do truly love all the pictures i have seen of the wonderful bushes
        thank you so much for your time
        Tracey
        mailto:misstracey%40rogers.com

        Sent from my iPad