Re: [AZ] Locating plant

    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 21, 2013
      It is pretty abundant in the wild near our home, easy to grow from seeds and root from cuttings.  But it doesn't like every site.  The plants in our yard get leggy pretty quickly.

      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 22, 2013
        We have not grown that for over 5 years.

        So have no idea who would have it.

        Sincerely yours,

        Larry Stanley

        Stanley & Sons Nursery

        --

        Larry Wallace
        Cincinnati

        --

        Larry Wallace
        Cincinnati

      • bovees
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 22, 2013

          Leiophyllum buxifolium  (Sand Myrtle)  [Ericaceae]  An attractive dwarf shrub of neat, compact, rounded habit to 2 feet.  native from New Jersey Pine Barrens to Florida.  Small glossy foliage and star-shaped white flowers in terminal clusters.  Prefers moist, humus-rich, acidic soil, part or deep shade.     Z6-8/PT/EV        TB $8.50                E White

          Lucie Sorensen-Smith
          E White Smith
          The Bovees Nursery
          1737 SW Coronado St
          Portland, Oregon 97219

          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 24, 2013

            The really nice form is the mountain form which stays compact and spreading. Shown here in seed on the Appalachian trail in NC/TN.

            It is as Mike says relatively easy from seed or cuttings. Also fussy! I had an old plant 10 inches high by 15 wide that up and died. So I planted out 4 small plants and only one thrived. But it was lovely this spring. I heard its now a Kalmia.

            Sally Perkins

            Salem, NH

            To: azaleas@yahoogroups.com