[this is from the ASK US page, so please send me a CC]

  • captwheezr@...
    Message 1 of 287 , May 5, 2013
      [this is from the ASK US page, so please send me a CC]

      I live in NJ. The azalea has been in the ground for 3 years, southwest side of the house, sun from 11am til 4. Some filtered shade from lilac above it. Bloom is dark purple/pink. Leaves have turned bright red. Have had two or three warm days - 75 - interspersed with cool days and cooler nights. Had been very wet through March and into April, now getting dry. 3 other azaleas with it - 1 the same variety, 1 Delaware valley white, 1 different dark purple. The 1 that is the same has one branch with the red leaves. Other branches appear normal as of now. Other azaleas, different varieties, on property in various locations appear normal. Suggestions?

      Thank you very much!
    • Elaine Sedlack
      Message 287 of 287 , Oct 20, 2016
        That is a photo of seed of the dodder plant, a Cuscuta species, and not the azalea forming seed. It is a parasitic vine which has attached itself to the azalea, and it should be removed. It can stunt the plant's growth and also is known to spread disease.

        Thanks for writing to the forum,
        Elaine

        On Wednesday, October 19, 2016 4:37 PM, "PseudoNameForMe@... [azaleas]" <azaleas@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

        [Attachment(s) from PseudoNameForMe@... included below]
            [this is from the ASK US page, so please send me a CC]

        I have this little seedpod growing on my azalea. It is also growing on a Youpon plant that is right next to the azalea plant. Can anybody tell me what this is or what to do for it?
        Much thanks

        Sent from AOL Mobile Mail