Re: [AZ] Pruning

  • George Klump
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 11, 2013
      On 4/10/2013 6:07 PM, eaglesclaw121 wrote:
      Boxbe This message is eligible for Automatic Cleanup! (eaglesclaw121@...) Add cleanup rule | More info

      It should not make any difference to the azaleas, if you prune them as you are suggesting.  However, I would wait till they finish blooming now before doing this.

      George E. Klump
      Southern California Chapter, ARS/ASA
    • ca50rd61@...
      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 8, 2016
        This is from the ASK US page so please send me a cc. How long will
        It take my azalea to recover from a severe pruning with only the trunk left? I did this accidentally and the plant was healthy and over ten years old. I live in southwest Arkansas and the plant is mostly in the shade. I did this on June 6, 2016. Thank you. Sincerely, Cathy Andrews