Pruning

  • eaglesclaw121
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 10, 2013
      We have large azaleas which are starting to overlap the front walkway. Can they be pruned on the sides without damaging them?
    • George Klump
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 11, 2013
        On 4/10/2013 6:07 PM, eaglesclaw121 wrote:
        Boxbe This message is eligible for Automatic Cleanup! (eaglesclaw121@...) Add cleanup rule | More info

        It should not make any difference to the azaleas, if you prune them as you are suggesting.  However, I would wait till they finish blooming now before doing this.

        George E. Klump
        Southern California Chapter, ARS/ASA
      • ca50rd61@...
        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 8 11:59 AM
          This is from the ASK US page so please send me a cc. How long will
          It take my azalea to recover from a severe pruning with only the trunk left? I did this accidentally and the plant was healthy and over ten years old. I live in southwest Arkansas and the plant is mostly in the shade. I did this on June 6, 2016. Thank you. Sincerely, Cathy Andrews