Pruning

  • eaglesclaw121
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 10 5:39 PM
      We have large azaleas which are starting to overlap the front walkway. Can they be pruned on the sides without damaging them?
    • George Klump
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 11 11:29 AM
        On 4/10/2013 6:07 PM, eaglesclaw121 wrote:
        Boxbe This message is eligible for Automatic Cleanup! (eaglesclaw121@...) Add cleanup rule | More info

        It should not make any difference to the azaleas, if you prune them as you are suggesting.  However, I would wait till they finish blooming now before doing this.

        George E. Klump
        Southern California Chapter, ARS/ASA