Question about old azaleas and planting new ones

  • Frances Grinde
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 21 8:17 AM
      [this is from the ASK US page, so please send me a CC]

      Hi there,
      I have a house that I just moved into that has 3 large beautiful azalea bushes to one side of the entryway, and none on the other side and it looks unbalanced.  I would like to plant new bushes on the opposite side but they would appear much smaller than the mature bushes.  My question is how hard can I cut back the existing azaleas without damaging them?  I am in southwest Virginia.
      Thank you
      Frances Grinde