force blooming

  • clacla@...
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 3, 2013
      Hi we are having a flower show in April and were wondering if we could force bloom azaleas to place on the table for display.

      Thanks

      Claire
      clacla@...
    • Joseph Klimavicz
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 3, 2013

        Claire,

        Short answer is yes.  Some varieties are easier than others, and timing for peak bloom can be a little tricky.  I do this all of the time in my garage, and I use portable heater and grow lights.  I have found that heat seems to be more important than light.   Do you know what variety of azaleas you are going to try and force bloom?

        Joe Klimavicz

        Vienna, VA