Re: FW: [AZ] Fwd: Funeral Arrangements for Bob Hobbs

  • bsperling
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 16, 2013
      Hi Harold,
      Sorry to hear about Bob Hobbs. I enjoyed talking with him the few
      times we met.
      Could you write up a short obit about him for the Clipper? Looking at
      a deadline of about Feb. 15. If not you then could you recommend
      someone else?
      Thanks,
      Barry

    • Harold Belcher
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 16, 2013
        Hi Barry,

        I saved some of the handouts from the funeral. I've known Bob since 1966 or
        so. I'll put something together and send it to you. Maybe I could write up
        something for the Azalean.

        Harold Belcher wrote:
        > Hi Everyone,
        >
        > Bob Stelloh asked me to forward his e-mail concerning the passing of
        > Bob Hobbs yesterday morning. I spoke to Bee Hobbs last night to offer
        > her Pat and my condolences and sympathy. I've also spoken to David
        > and Lisa (Bob's son and daughter-in-law). I've included a link to the
        > Rausch Funeral Home's web site where the details for the viewing on
        > January 15^th
        > (http://www.rauschfuneralhomes.com/service-detail-page/?ServiceToolId=
        > 377 ) and the service at the Friendship United Methodist Church at 22
        > West Friendship Road Friendship MD 20758 (410) 257-7133, where funeral
        > services will be held on Wednesday, January 16^th at 11:00 A.M. There
        > are maps to both locations at the Rausch Funeral Home site link.
        >
        > Contributions in memory of Bob may be made to the Friendship U.M.
        > Church Music Program, P.O. Box 72, Friendship MD 20758 or the Friendship
        U.M.
        > Church Building Fund.
        >
        > Harold and Pat Belcher
        >
        > 301-773-3006
        >
        > hbelcher2@...

        ------------------------------------

        When you reply to an email, PLEASE quote its relevant part(s) only, as
        context, and DELETE the rest - especially this line and the Yahoo lines.
        And PLEASE tell us your city, state and/or USDA zone.

        We welcome attached images RESIZED to be under 100KB in size - 640 x 480
        pixel JPEG images at 50% or 1:40 compression are ideal. By attaching them
        you agree that, without giving up your rights to them, they may be shown on
        Azalea Society websites.

        Yahoo! Groups Links
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 17, 2013
          Harold (and other friends of Bob Hobbs),

          Barbara Stump and I have agreed it would be a good idea to write some
          individual memories of Bob Hobbs and combine them to make an article
          for The Azalean.

          So, to participate, please do write up your memories and for now,
          email them to me (preferably right in the email, but an attachment
          will work too) - either I or someone else will figure out how to
          combine and submit them.

          Bob Stelloh