Re: [AZ] Interesting article on landscape Azaleas

    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 23, 2012
      Thank you for sending the magazine link and instructions on how to get to the two articles.  I guess gardeners and the nursery industry are dedicated soley to evergreen azaleas.  There are some great native deciduous forms out there, and I don't mind bare-stemmed, leafless winter azalea bushes, knowing what's coming next season - spring and summer.  Speaking of fall color, I rarely notice fall color in my many evergreen azaleas, but several of the deciduous ones have show-stopping fall color.  Has anyone bred or selected native azalea forms for fall color?  I am growing a few occidentale that Mike McCullough noted because of their great fall color.