Re: [AZ] A few CreelWay Propagation updates

    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 5, 2012
      In my media mix there is much acidic materials, 5 parts pine bark mininuggets specifically.  One part of a fertilizer free bark based commercial media, such as Fafard 3 or Baccto Pro, which I use since it is available.  Just one part to half part of mushroom compost.  My media is used in my fast draining pots, most of which have numerous 3/4 inch circular drainage holes, made with a 3/4 inch cylindrical home saw bit in an electric drill.  I am trying to figure out how to slow the speed on my new drill press and use a jig for more efficient drilling of drain holes in pots.  I use thick walled plastic pots, not cold.  I warm the pots in cold weather by putting them in a large plastic bag in the sun or in my car.

      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 5, 2012
        Mike
        Take the sheet metal cover off the top of your drill press.  There will be a v-belt with at least three positions.  To slow it you want a small diameter pulley on the motor end and a large one on the drill end.

        --

        Larry Wallace
        Cincinnati