Re: [AZ] Picture of Vines hybrid Saint Moritz and more

  • bsperling
    Message 1 of 14 , Nov 29, 2012
      Hi Bob,
      I noticed that I have 8 plants that are on the Vines named list
      but are not listed as having photos (and this year I gave away a couple
      of others that I wasn't fond of). I'm sure that others in No. VA can
      easily fill out that list with photos. How about stepping up, guys (and
      gals)!
      Barry

      Bob Stelloh wrote:
      > There is quite a bit of information from Pete Vines' 1990 catalog
      > online, at
      > http://www.azaleas.org/hybridgroups.html#hss
      > with links to pages for his named hybrids, for his numbered hybrids,
      > and for the Huang hybrids that Pete had described in that catalog,
      > along with links to pictures of some of them - including 'Saint
      > Moritz' - on our picture website .
    • Ron Rabideau
      Message 2 of 14 , Nov 30, 2012
        Bob,
        That's a lot of good information. Might I suggest adding the Marshy Point
        azaleas by Harry Weiskittel? I can supply a number of pictures. There are
        many great azaleas in this fairly large group. Austin, Harry's son just
        informed us that his father has been diagnosed with Alzheimer's.

        Ron

        --
        Ron Rabideau
        Camden, NJ
        Message 3 of 14 , Dec 27, 2012
          Ron,

          I am really sad to hear of Harry having Alzheimers. I visited him
          quite a bit when I lived in the Washington DC area, and he donated a
          lot of plants for the George Harding garden.

          I would be happy to put pictures of his hybrids on the ASA picture
          website. I would also publish descriptive info for them similar to
          the Holly Springs descriptions if you can supply the info.

          Bob

        • Ron Rabideau
          Message 4 of 14 , Dec 27, 2012
            Bob,
            OK, great. It is hard to get much of a description from the Marshy Point
            catalogs or web site, but I can supply some pics and basic descriptions.
            You are free to use any info from the Rare Find Web site, but I have
            better pics than can be put up there.

            Ron

            --
            Ron Rabideau