Re: [AZ] R. Austrinum Pic [1 Attachment]

    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 20, 2012
      Wow, what a display, and it appears to me that all the individual flowers are from a single bud, not a cluster of buds.  Is that right?  Has anyone counted the flowers from a bud?  Someone needs to clone and name this form, if it has such flowers routinely.

      I have one wild-found hybrid of periclymenoides X canescens from my family's Williamsburg County, SC farm that I call Pink-25, because it regularly produces single bud trusses of 25 flowers.  I have photos to prove it.  There is never a flower bud cluster on this plant.

      I have given away a number of good azaleas too in my short plant career.