plant from ARS/ASA convention May 2012

  • reallyclarice
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 14, 2012
      I got a plant labeled macrosepalum at the ARS/ASA joint convention in Asheville. (I think the current name is stenopetalum). It was a 2" pot in the table at a meal.
      I am trying to attach a photo - I need to review how to attach a photo-
      I have also uploaded it to my album - as it bloomed and I would like to know if anyone else got a white one like this. Or is it only white because I kept it in my Greenhouse - they are usually purple (lavender).
      Does anyone know where it came from?
    • John Brown
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 15, 2012
        The table favors were not vetted beyond the tag that came in the bag of cuttings. I do not know who supplied them. I have seen pictures of a white form of R. macrosepalum (labled as such).
        John

        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 15, 2012
          Hi John,

          There is a white cultivar of macrosepalum, 'Album', and assorted others, some semi-double, mostly lavender shades.  It is not due to being in the greenhouse.  I think I read something here about the Hirado azaleas, of which macrosepalum is the sport parent.

          Elaine