R. cinnabarinum

  • jtkarpen
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 30, 2012
      Somewhat off topic because it's a rhodie.... I saw that Park Seed is selling R. cinnabarinum for $10, which may be of interest to you southerners who collect species. It's supposed to be hardy in zones 7-9 --- anyone in Maryland or VA have luck growing it outdoors? Wish I had a greenhouse.....
    • Ron Rabideau
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 30, 2012
        Park Seed is ignorant to the point of being dishonest. Zones 7-9 on the East Coast is far different from those zones on the West Coast. The problem is summer heat that kills them.

        Ron Rabideau

        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 30, 2012
          Thanks Ron, I figured it was unsuitable. Sigh. I agree, Park tends to hype plants beyond what they should; on this occasion I was tempted so your reality check is definitely appreciated.