Fw: [AZ] Unique flower color of azalea Pryored

  • ANNETTE GAVILLAC
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 20, 2012

      This E-mail corrects the  prior e-mail I
      sent  today.
      Annette Gavillac

      Tad
      I don't completely understand your question.

      Usually crossing any red flowered azalea with Vittatum will produce some red or purple red flowered seedlings.
      .
      If you cross the white flowered
      Vittatum'  with a red flowered azalea which had TWO
      red flowered parents, you will likely get 100 % red and purple red seedlings.
      There will be no white flowered seedling.

      If you cross
      the striped white flowered Vittatum'  with a red flowered azalea that had only ONE  red flowered parent, you will likely get about 75 % white and white with red striped
      flowered seedlings, and about 25% red and/or purple red seedling.

      Do you mean why are
      Vittatum'  seedlings blushed red?

      Annette
      Indiana/Kentucky