FW: Identification on an azalea

  • Daniel Cullen
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 1, 2012

    I am very sorry to bother you but i am trying identify the following tree, it was given to me by a dutch friend who spoke no english and so i am unsure of its required care as he seemed to think it was not hardy, and it seems to have slightly furry leaves

    thanking you for your help in advance

    Regards

    Daniel Cullen
  • bsperling
    Message 2 of 3 , Aug 1, 2012
      Hi Daniel,
      The first picture makes me think of a bonsai, if that is a thick trunk
      that I see in the pot. The second picture is of an azalea. The most
      common azalea bonsai that I've seen are from the Satsuki group. Without
      a picture of the flower that might be as far as we can go.
      Good luck,
      Barry

      Daniel Cullen wrote:
      > [Attachment(s) <#TopText> from Daniel Cullen included below]
      >

      > I am very sorry to bother you but i am trying identify the following
      > tree, it was given to me by a dutch friend who spoke no english and so i
      > am unsure of its required care as he seemed to think it was not hardy,
      > and it seems to have slightly furry leaves
      >
      > thanking you for your help in advance
      >
      > Regards
      >
      > Daniel Cullen

    • John Capobianco
      Message 3 of 3 , Aug 2, 2012
        Any azalea that holds still long enough next to a bonsai artist could find its way into a pot!

        Satsukis are the most spectacular, but not necessarily the most common azaleas as bonsai subjects.