Azalea Fedora

  • Harold Greer
    Message 1 of 5 , May 9, 2012

      Does  anyone know of a source of the azalea ‘Fedora’?  We used to grow it, but it seems to have disappeared from being grown commercially in the Northwest.

      Thanks,

      Harold Greer

    • John Migas
      Message 2 of 5 , May 10, 2012
        Harold,

        I have it, but I do not grow it commercially. It is an excellent
        pink, blooms rather early, and I have used it in breeding.

        John Migas(Michigan)just back from Asheville(awesome)

        Does  anyone know of a source of the azalea ‘Fedora’?  We used to grow it, but it seems to have disappeared from being grown commercially in the Northwest.

        Thanks,
        Harold Greer

      • sjperk5
        Message 3 of 5 , May 11, 2012
          Harold and John

          A plant we call 'Canobie Sunset' is a seedling from open pollinated Fedora. Canobie Sunset tests as a triploid.

          John Perkins
          Salem, NH

          --- In azaleas@yahoogroups.com, John Migas <azaleajohn@...> wrote:

          > Harold,
          >
          > I have it, but I do not grow it commercially. It is an excellent
          > pink, blooms rather early, and I have used it in breeding.
          >
          > John Migas(Michigan)just back from Asheville(awesome)

        • Harold Greer
          Message 4 of 5 , May 11, 2012

            Thanks John,

            I was hoping you had a few plants for sale that I could buy.

            Message 5 of 5 , May 11, 2012
              Hi Harold,

              I do have some available in 3 gallons. I took these cuttings a few years ago
              and the plants were awesome this year. Let's figure out a way to get them to you.

              Take care............John Migas(Michigan, rhodies coming into full bloom)