RE: [AZ] yellow azaleas

  • Tom Schuetz
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 7 7:45 AM
      The picture you posted is a deciduous azalea.
      I suspect that you did not read the entire FAQ answer which is:

      Colors
      Evergreen azalea colors range from white to purple to red, with no yellow azaleas and only a few orange azaleas.

      Deciduous azalea colors range from white to pink, and from yellow to orange to red.

      Many azalea varieties also have two distinct colors in the same blossom, called a "bicolor", and many varieties have different color patterns as well, sometimes with differently patterned blooms on the same plant.

      Tom Schuetz
      USDA Zone 7A (as of 2012)

      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 7 7:03 PM

      There are lots of yellow DECIDUOUS azaleas, just no yellow EVERGREEN azaleas!  Your picture is that of a deciduous azalea.  See my picture of Rhododendron ‘Klondyke’.  All azaleas are actually Rhododendrons, but that group of Rhododendrons are commonly called azaleas.

      Harold Greer