Flammeum hybrid Sarah

    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 3, 2011
    One of my oldest native azalea cultivars is a tri-color R. flammeum seedling from Aiken County, SC, seed, a plant sold as flammeum by Woodlanders Nursery.  I was given a true orange flammeum after this one bloomed off color.  But I grew to love the plant and named it for my daughter.  My oldest plant died a couple of years ago due to trunk injury.  I have a couple of very small cuttings rooted.  Years ago I gave away plants of this azalea, naming it Sarah, to plant friends and sent cuttings to Betty Cummins at her nursery in New Jersey.  I was just wondering if this variety has survived in anyone's garden.  A photo is attached/

  • sjperk5
    Message 2 of 2 , Dec 5, 2011
      Mike

      The pastel series from Woodlanders appear to be diploids indicating a canescens / flammeum influence.

      http://rosebayblog.blogspot.com/search/label/S_Woodlanders

      John Perkins
      Salem, NH