Azalea trees fertilization problem and replacement

  • Francesca Leardini
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 19, 2011
       [this is from the ASK US page, so please send me a CC]
      Hi, I live in Los Angeles.

      By reading your azalea problems description, I realized that my azalea bushes might have died due to too much fertilization. The leaves started to turn brown on the tips and then the plants died. I have two small questions:

      1) where can I buy evergreen azaleas bushes that look like small trees (a long, empty stem with a crown af leaves)? I have a series of 7 trees (about 4 to 5 feet high) in front of my house. I have to replace three of them but I was not able to find this shape of azalea.

      2) if the soil has been fertilized too much, as I believe, can I plant the new azaleas in it or I have to improve/ modify the quality of the soil first? How would I do it?

      Thank you very much, I really appreciate your help,
      Francesca