[this is from the ASK US page, so please send me a CC]

  • Connie Hayes
    Message 1 of 287 , Sep 11, 2011
      My ancestors settled in Georgia from Austria in 1734. A cousin recently told me she had some azaleas that had been brought over by our Salzburger ancestors. I haven't seen them yet, but I'm guessing they're more like the naive (wild) azalea. She says the blooms are orange. Do you know of azaleas brought from Europe, or are azaleas native to North America.

      I'm wondering if perhaps an ancestor simply transplanted azaleas from the original settlement to their new home a bit farther away.

      --
      Connie Hayes
      Healthy Hollow Organic Farms

       “Now all of political economy from prehistory on to 1932 has been intent upon one thing only—how to take the wealth from the producer, how to take the food from the person who cultivated it and harvested it and give him very little in return. But when you take too much, you can kill the goose that lays the golden egg.” – Charles Walters

    • Elaine Sedlack
      Message 287 of 287 , Oct 20, 2016
        That is a photo of seed of the dodder plant, a Cuscuta species, and not the azalea forming seed. It is a parasitic vine which has attached itself to the azalea, and it should be removed. It can stunt the plant's growth and also is known to spread disease.

        Thanks for writing to the forum,
        Elaine

        On Wednesday, October 19, 2016 4:37 PM, "PseudoNameForMe@... [azaleas]" <azaleas@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

        [Attachment(s) from PseudoNameForMe@... included below]
            [this is from the ASK US page, so please send me a CC]

        I have this little seedpod growing on my azalea. It is also growing on a Youpon plant that is right next to the azalea plant. Can anybody tell me what this is or what to do for it?
        Much thanks

        Sent from AOL Mobile Mail