help identify this (kurume?) azalea

  • Jim Willhite
    Message 1 of 2 , May 1, 2011
      I inherited two of these azaleas. They are blooming now; medium pink;
      smaller foliage; small flowers about the size of a quarter. Hose in
      hose. Both plants about 3.5' high and wide. Despite their smaller
      dimensions, they are not "compact". The growth habit is rather open.
      They look like kurumes to me, and kurumes are blooming now, here. Any
      ideas as to the ID? Photo attached.
      thanks
      Message 2 of 2 , May 1, 2011

        Also, consider something from the Pericat hybrids.

        Bill

        I inherited two of these azaleas. They are blooming now; medium pink;
        smaller foliage; small flowers about the size of a quarter. Hose in
        hose. Both plants about 3.5' high and wide. Despite their smaller
        dimensions, they are not "compact". The growth habit is rather open.
        They look like kurumes to me, and kurumes are blooming now, here. Any
        ideas as to the ID? Photo attached.
        thanks

        Jim Willhite
        Berwyn, PA