Yubai

    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 1, 2004
      Does anyone know 'Yubai'?

      I got it from Gordon Severe in 1984, and have an image of the flower
      at <http://www.pbase.com/image/36448182>. After 20 years, the plant
      is 2' high x 5' wide, with an open rather than twiggy dense habit.

      'Yubai' isn't listed in Galle or the Satsuki Dictionary, and I would
      like to know its hybrid group and anything else about it.

      Regards,
      Bob Stelloh Hendersonville North Carolina USDA Zone 7
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 1, 2004
        This is the first time I have seen that name. I would
        suspect it is a Satsuki with a similar name, perhaps
        Yuka. I just rooted some Yuka this past winter. Your
        Yubai, if white, does look like a worthy prospect for
        crossing with yellow deciduous. What is its bloom
        time.
        Mike Creel, Lexington, SC

        http://my.yahoo.com