Select Yellow #2 deciduous azalea cultivar

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 1, 2004
      I visited a nursery yesterday at lunch in Columbia,
      SC, that is known for keeping the same plants a long
      time and never reducing their price. Most plants die,
      but some survive. I found an area of survivors
      yesterday with several 5 gallon ($14 to $19) or so
      sized native azalea cultivars, well budded and healthy
      (probably somewhat pot-bound though). Among them were
      names like austrinum, Red Pepper, Weston Innocence and
      Clear Creek. Some had lost their labels. Several
      nice ones were labeled simply "Select Yellow #2," and
      the the foliage (on one that still had foliage) did
      not look like typical austrinum, which I expect a
      yellow to be usually. I searched for "Select Yellow"
      azalea and I found a photo of a plant by this name on
      a site where it was photographed at Riverbanks Zoo in
      Columbia, SC. It appeared to be an austrinum.
      Has anyone ever discovered a deciduous azalea cultivar
      named Select Yellow #2?
      Mike Creel, South Carolina

      http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail