Item on Encore(R) Cold Hardiness

    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 13, 2010
      Here's an item on Encore(R) cold hardiness. The item doesn't
      specifically define cold hardiness, but it characterizes it in terms of
      zones.

      http://www.gardencentermagazine.com/encore-azalea-new-cold-hardy-findings.aspx

      --

      William C. Miller III
      Bethesda, Maryland
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 13, 2010
        They seem to do fine in Southern Illinois at my folks place.

        A nursery owner up here near Chicago swears they'll make it here.  I'm an eternal optimist (I have several crepe myrtles near chicago) but don't plan on planting these any time in the near future.

        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 13, 2010
          I think the new ones are hardier as they move away from R. oldhamii.

          --
          Larry Wallace
          Cincinnati