Azalea Planting

  • Loren Moore
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 6, 2010

                  What locations is good form planting an azalea plant in central Indiana .  Do they require full sun partial sun?  Should they be planted close to the house to block the winter winds?

      Thank you,

      Loren Moore

    • ralph sanders
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 14, 2012
        Hello! My question is. How can I cut the branch off an existing azalea and re-plant it?  Thanks, Ralph
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 15, 2012
          What you are talking about is rooting an azalea (evergreen I presume) from a woody cutting.  The leaves need to be mature and not soft, or you can remove all soft shoots and soft leaves.  Find a shady location. Fill a hole with composted pine bark, stick the cutting/small branch into the hole several inches and keep the cutting well watered such that it does not wilt.  This will work and is the simplest way.

          Hello! My question is. How can I cut the branch off an existing azalea and re-plant it?  Thanks, Ralph