Re: [AZ] Azalea bush has brown leaves [1 Attachment]

  • Tom Schuetz
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 5, 2010
      Vincenza, The picture you submitted is of a broad leafed rhododendron, which is actually in the same botanical family as azaleas but is somewhat different. The plant seems to be suffering from severe winter burn or wind burn. The date on the picture appears to be labeled 07/02/2010. Which I interpret as February 7, 2010.
      It needs some winter protection. The browned leaves will fall off and new leaves will come out provided the stems have not been killed. Because most of the undamaged leaves are near the ground, I assume there was some snow cover to protect the lower parts of the plant.

      Tom Schuetz
      schuetz101@...
      Mechanicsburg, PA   USDA Zone 6a