Re: [SPAM] Re: [AZ] Fwd: Google Alert - azalea ----- Lace Bug Resistance

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 15, 2010
      Hi Jim and Nick,

      You don't really have to look very far.  See THE AZALEAN, Vol. 31, No. 1, Spring 2009, pp. 4-7.

      The snow (couple of feet) was more than we were accustomed to.  Schools were closed, Washington was shut down for several days.  Lots of trees down across roads and power lines.  We lost power for three or four days.  Melting and sublimation is reducing the snow cover, but we are due for more snow (couple of inches) today.  We will see a lot of damage this spring that is not obvious now.

      Nick.... a snowball's chance in Hades comes to mind.  I suspect the further north one goes the less three season bloom you get.  If you don't already have it,  'Opal' would be my choice for a multiple season bloomer.   With the Encore (R) azaleas, I've also noticed that foliage growth can overwhelm the flowers such that there are flowers there but you have to wade through the new luscious growth to find them.  My experience with the Encore(R) azaleas is very limited.  But, in your situation...... nothing ventured, nothing gained.  The right place could make all the difference.

      Bill

      JO Thornton wrote:
      Bill, Have you searched through the USDA web site to find the study results? I have and can't.Thought you might help me out here.
      My Royality And Sangria don't know they are on the list to be resistant.

      Jim

      Oh, how are you fgolks doing bwith the snow. Our little bit has come and gone but... more on the way?
      Date:Mon, 15 Feb 2010 11:00:18 +0000
      From:Google Alerts <googlealerts- noreply@google. com>
      To:bill@theazaleaworks .com

      Google Web Alert for: azalea

      Encore Azalea Varieties Resistant to Lace Bugs for EcoFriendly ...
      LOXLEY, Ala. - Eleven varieties of Encore Azaleas are resistant to lace bugs, a major landscaping pest, for eco-friendly pest control, according to a 2009 ...

      Tip: Use a minus sign (-) in front of terms in your query that you want to exclude. Learn more.

      Remove this alert.
      Create another alert.
      Manage your alerts.