Re: [AZ] Poukhanense azaleas - Yodogawa Azalea, the double flowered one

  • Nicholas Yarmoshuk
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 9, 2010
      Sally
      I started, in the mid 1970's  with one plant of R. yeodense  but I knew it then as  (a nice seedling grown plant from Marjorie Hancock) Poukhanense.  This plant has been propogated by layering, volunteer seedling, into a number of plants in my yard.  None are white.   But all are excellent with various shades of pink, purple, mauve, and whatever.  Some I must believe are naturally crossed  with kaempheri.    What can you make of that?
      Nick Yarmoshuk .

      On Tue, Feb 9, 2010 at 10:07 AM, SJPERK5 <sjperk5@...> wrote:

      Mike, Just so you know I have a plant of R. yeodense that I had sought
      because of its unusual naming convention. The flowers are almost too big for
      the stem and hang down with the lightest rain. Perhaps better grown it would
      have a stronger stem. Still, I find the pink, purple, and white single
      flower varieties to be excellent garden plants for me.

      Sally Perkins, Salem, NH