Re: [AZ] Early pink poukahense with small leaves

    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 31, 2010
      Does "Pink Discovery" poukahense have smaller leaves compared to the typical poukahense form, as well as an earlier bloom time?  Is the pink a single or double?  According to Galle's big azalea book the double form of the Yodogawa Azalea (R. yedoense) was named many years before the single-flowered form.  I have heard that the double is sterile.  Is that true.
      It is interesting how my friend at a nursery near Myrtle Beach on the South Carolina coast finds that poukahense is a good grower there.

      Mike Creel, SC USDA Zone 8a
      Lexington County, South Carolina
      20 degrees F this morning