RE: [AZ] Periclymenoides bud opening

  • diane kehoe
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 31, 2009

      Mike,

      I’d really love to see it open. I have a R. dauricum that is close to the colour of the buds – but not so intense.

      Diane Kehoe, Riverbank, Ladner

      From: diane kehoe <riverbank@...>
      To: azaleas@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Tuesday, March 31, 2009, 9:33 PM

      Amazing colour Mike. Do you think it might set seed if you selfed it?

      Thank you so much for your close observations of R. periclymenoides and R. canescens. We just don’t see enough of them in cultivation here to pick up on the fine differences.

      Diane Kehoe, Riverbank, Ladner, BC

      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 1, 2009
        See at http://www.pbase.com/azaleasociety/image/45615778 - and I see
        I must re-label it.

        Regards,
        Bob Stelloh Hendersonville NC USDA Zone 7

        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 2, 2009
          Bob, I don't see why the Flat Creek Fuchsia needs any re-labeling. The posted photo is the true and exact color of Flat Creek Fuchsia. The color clashes with most things, but I like it. It is still in pretty tight bud while pure canescens is open or opening here in my woods and yard.
          Mike Creel, Lexington, SC

          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 5, 2009
            Mike,

            Thanks for checking. I think by the time you looked at it on the
            website I had already changed the listing, which had named it as
            'Purple' with no mention of 'Flat Creek Fuchsia' at all except in the
            tiny type below as part of the file name. And I'm glad to hear the
            color is correct - I like it a lot!

            Regards,
            Bob