Re: Summary of the Native Azaleas

  • sjperk5
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 6, 2009
      This summary on clades and ploidy of North American deciduous azaleas
      has been updated. It now includes an image of the 4n pink thanks to
      Ron Miller.

      http://rosebayblog.blogspot.com

      http://rosebayblog.blogspot.com/2009/01/clad-ploidy-of-deciduous-
      azaleas.html

      John Perkins

      --- In azaleas@yahoogroups.com, "sjperk5" <sjperk5@...> wrote:

      > A short summary of our (Sally and I) current understanding of the
      ever
      > changing information on the native deciduous azaleas can be found
      here.

      > http://arsmc.org/blog.aspx
      >
      > John Perkins
      > Salem, NH

    • sjperk5
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 7, 2009
        The post on clade ploidy of North American deciduous azaleas now
        includes an image of a possible 2n X 4n we saw on the Blue Ridge
        Parkway.

        The text has been improved to give a little more balanced view of
        the whole issue. By balanced I mean more about the open questions.

        http://rosebayblog.blogspot.com

        The Hall, Ranney, Miller, Towe information on the 4ns changes how we
        have to think about deciduous azaleas but does not in any way answer
        all the questions of how the deciduous azaleas interact.

        John Perkins
        Salem, NH